SEASIDERS MESSAGE FROM THE PRESIDENT
I am honored to serve as the Seasiders President for another year. The past year was challenging, however, with the excitement of new and old members volunteering, we had another great year. We need all of your support and participation in our various events and projects from October 2018 through May 2019.
- First Thursday of Each Month – Luncheon Meeting begins at 11:15 followed by lunch at 12:00, at the Community Center. The Program Committee is planning very interesting speakers and activities for the luncheons.
- Thursdays Following Thursday Luncheon Meeting – Community Service Day. Come and enjoy the camaraderie of your fellow members recycling cards, making pillow cases for Ryan’s Cases for Smiles, and participating in various other outreach programs. Dessert and Screw Your Neighbor card game follow the projects. We look forward to new community service projects and outreach programs this year. Town Hall, 9:30 AM
- Third Tuesday of Each Month – Join in on exciting card games and lunch, make up your table of bridge, mahjong, 500, or any card game you desire. Community Center, 12:00 PM
- Home & Garden/Four Arts – Sign up for the many tours offered each month. In 2017 and 2018 we went to Bethesda By the Sea Episcopal Church in Palm Beach, the Port of Palm Beach, Mounts Botanical Garden, and, Peanut Island with lunch, to name a few.
- Special events are the Annual Holiday Tea and Cookie Exchange, Holiday Market, Annual Bazaar, and the Taster’s Lunch. Do not miss out on a wonderful time with your fellow Seasider members. The events are always educational and informative and give you an opportunity to enhance our community and also support local charities.
I became a member of the Seasiders seven years ago and was so impressed with the spirit of service and friendship in the organization. I have met many diverse individuals from all over the United States and Canada. I love living in Palm Beach Shores, attending exercise classes, yoga, walking the beach, golf, walking my dog Kanani, Town events, Seasider activities, and viewing the sites on the inlet and ocean.
I look forward to a very exciting year working with the new and old members of the organization. If you are a resident of Palm Beach Shores, I encourage you to join the Seasiders and participate in our numerous activities, outreach programs, and, projects.
Aloha, Georgette Kauhane President, Seasiders of Palm Beach Shores